Monday, June 7, 2021

Worries No More

 When I was young, my father  would always say this, "Do not worry about tomorrow, just seize the day, and let the future take care of itself." . I'd always hear it from him which is not bad though. However, I find it too easy to him to loosen up on a certain things. 

I must say that I am the opposite of my father's character. I am the type of person who would think too much. Ok fine, I am a worrier (before) and I am guilty as charge. I would always forecast on things and future, to which sometimes it cause me uncertainty. Because I believe it's a smart thing to do, so that I can be able to plan, prepare and avoid to commit mistakes.

But  when I met Jesus, read bible and study His words, I learned God promises and His faithfulness. I understood that when I choose to worry, I am removing God in the equation of my life. That I am trusting myself more that Him which is a failure as far as my faith is concern.

That being said, I have learned that I  must live my life with the presence of God one day at a time. That I need to rely on His grace because it's sufficient. And to trust Him fully because only Him knows about my future and what tomorrow brings.

God didn't promise a worry-free life. Life itself isn't perfect. There will be a twist and turns along the way. But all I know is that God promised to be there for us. That He won't leave us every step of the way no matter what season in our life we are into.  We just need to acknowledge  Him, trust and deal  with our worries through prayer and thanksgiving. 





And on that note, my father phrase make sense somehow, "Capre Diem" Seize the day, but this time with God's grace always..

No comments:

Post a Comment